There are many security products available to help physically secure standard doors, shipping doors and storefronts (read our last post about securing your storefront). Unique situations may require custom solutions: Wide openings, high ceilings, seamless glass, stand alone kiosks to mention a few.
Because most physical security products require a fixing point large wide areas become difficult to secure. Products that require overhead support have limitations and could get expensive.
4 Security Product Options to Consider
- Roll down shutters will need an overhead bulkhead to mount the header box and side rails need to be secured face or recess of the structure or building. The maximum width of a roll down shutter may vary with individual manufacturers, Understanding that the wider shutter to more flex the middle will have. Therefore most roll down shutter or grilles will not exceed 18 to 20 ft. As the shutters roll up for storage clearances for the rolled up material need to be calculated.
- Top track mounted folding aluminum security curtains will require over head mounting support, as well as space allowed for storage when not in use. Depending on model selected heights are restricted to maximum of 12 ft. to 16 ft.
- Scissor style security gates are available in height up to 98” they do not require any tracks on the ceiling or on the floor, but do require a fixing point.
- Mobile or portable security gate systems using scissor style security gates mounted to a mobile trolley, each trolley has a 24” base for stability and with two non marking heavy duty casters makes these systems easy to roll into place. The ½” solid round drop pins are conveniently welded to one side of the mobile trolleys for ease of use when securing the drop pins using pad locks. Custom floor sockets are used when there is no fixing points or walls to lock to.
Facilities that have large opening to secure are airports, shopping malls, sporting arenas, schools, convention centers, grocery stores as well as industrial manufacturing and warehousing.
- Shopping centers have a responsibility to the retailers, ensuring security is in place during off hours. With many shopping malls having movie theaters and fitness clubs operating during the off hours, it is important to limit and restrict access to areas that the public does not need to have access to.
- Convention centers require access control and security barriers to also restrict access to unused area within the facility.
- Manufacturing facilities require wide areas to be secured to help protect employees, restricting access to sensitive and dangerous areas or machinery.
- Warehousing may need large areas secured to protect and secure merchandise.
Many facilities may require some sort of security or access control barrier for temporary uses. Mobile security gate systems are a practical cost effective solution, modular, sections can be joined / locked together to reach limitless lengths. Sizes and colors may vary depending on the manufacturer, but ours are available in 79” high or 98” high powder coated finish black, gray, white and safety yellow making them attractive as well as visual aids.
Conveniently rolling these systems into place where and when you need it, and easily roll away when you do not, make portable or mobile security systems a solution to consider.
Have a business? Let us help.
Our free 8 page guide with 10 critical points for securing your business also has 22 additional tips for protecting your business, will help you learn about:
- Preventative lighting
- Securing entrances and exits
- Theft deterring landscaping
- Securing offices and stock rooms
- And more.